First Run in 2013 : TEN MOVES - Run For 10


I apologize for the lack of blog posts. I was uber busy with my new role at work (finally!) and I have no free time to blog anymore. Anyway, I am thankful that my company sponsored this run! I was really overjoyed that I was able to run again! Running made me fit years ago. It made me realize the importance of exercise. I learned that it is important to sweat especially if your work just involves sitting in-front of computer. I also enrolled in a gym and it helped me in my pursuit of a healthy lifestyle.

TEN MOVES - Run For 10 is my first run this year. There were about 2,500 runners. It is for the benefit of Filipino public school children in need of classrooms. It was held at the Ayala Triangle Gardens at the Makati Central Business District on January 13, 2012. The run was organized by The Entire Nation (TEN) Moves, a social-mobilization campaign that seeks to raise funds for the construction of 10,000 classrooms nationwide. The event covered 2.5-km, 5-km, and 10-km distances. Present at the run were international pop superstar Apl.de.Ap, Derek Ramsay and Dingdong Dantes,

I ran 5k and my time was 40 minutes. This was actually not my best run because normally I can do it in 30 minutes. I think I slowed down a little because I was with a first-timer friend.

 We met Derek Ramsey, Dingdong Dantes and App.de.App!

Dingdong and App.de.App doing some interview.

Crossing the finish line. I love that feeling!




With the Navy! The Philippine Navy joined this run.


I really enjoyed this run. I want to be more active this year. I plan to do swimming and biking as well.

JR

Comments