Review: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-QX10 Lens-Style Camera

Image from the Sony website.
I love new technology. This is the reason why I want to praise Sony for innovating this new lens camera! I got it very cheap from an online seller. It's the Sony Cyber-shot™ DSC-QX10. It's a camera that links to your smartphone so you can take high zoom, high quality pictures and share instantly! This will really change my mobile phone photography experience.

PROS:
  • High-grade Sony G Lens with 10x optical zoom.
  • Picture quality is good. Better than built-in phone camera.
  • 24mm wide angle
  • NFC/Wi-Fi for simple smartphone connection
  • I can use apps (Instagram, Snapseed,  PicSay and VSCO) to edit and share photos instantly online
  • Detachable from phone for flexible shooting! You can you it for creative selfies
  • Shoot and view images on smartphone screen
  • Saves images on both camera and phone
  • Exmor R® CMOS sensor for low-light shooting 
CONS:
  • No flash!
  • Play Memories app sometimes is freezing.
  • I wish the zoom was longer like 30x.
I think really people love this new concept and I just discovered other manufacturers followed Sony and created their own version (Olympus Air and Kodak PIXPRO SL10).

What I really love about this camera is the Superior Auto (the gold mode). It is combining 6 images at high sensitivity to create a much cleaner file. Here are some of my sample shots. I edited them in Snapseed and VSCOCam.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-QX10
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-QX10 review
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-QX10 review
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-QX10 review

More samples soon!

Thanks,
JRNunez

Comments