Photo Essay: OBLATION RUN 2013 @ UP Diliman

Oblation Run is one of the events in UP Diliman that I want to watch yearly but I always forget! This year I made sure that I will be there. I told myself that this will be good exercise to do some photojournalism! For those who does not know about it here's a Wikipedia entry.

The Oblation Run (sometimes referred to as the Ritual Dance of the Brave) is an annual event held by several Filipino chapters of Alpha Phi Omega (APO) in different universities in the Philippines. It draws its name from the Oblation, a statue of a nude man located in every University of the Philippines (UP) campus, which symbolizes "a selfless offering of one’s self to the country." The event serves as a protest to contemporary national issues.

Last December 13, 2013 (Friday) at 12NN, the annual Oblation Run was held in Palma Hall, UP Diliman. The place was jampacked! I saw media people (I met Doris Bigornia!), foreign students and a lot of spectators. I have noticed that this year's oblation run is for victims of Typhoon Yolanda.

It was a challenge for me to take pictures since there were a lot of pushing. I was very tired after the event but it was all worth it because I was able to snap some good photos. I was also very happy because I saw my school and some good college memories flashed back!

Here are the photos I took. Enjoy!

Oblation Run 2013
Oblation Run 2013
Oblation Run 2013

Looking forward to the next run!

Thanks,
Joseph

Comments