My Ilocos Trip (Manila to Laoag Flight)

Finally, I was able to have my vacation in Ilocos last Fourth of July. I booked my flight months ago via Cebu Pacific's seat sale and got a very low price. I think I only paid PhP2,000+ (US$45+). Ilocos has been one of the target destinations because the place is so historical. My goal was to learn a lot about the Spanish era and the Marcoses. I also want take a lot of photos of vintage stuff (Calle Crisologo!) and do some food tripping. I want taste the famous Ilocos empanada and bagnet. My to-do list was endless!
It was my first time to travel locally via Cebu Pacific. My flight was scheduled on July 4, 2014 at around 8:30PM. I left the house at 5:30 PM-ish and I had a hard time hailing a cab! (Note to self: Never travel on a Friday during rush hour). I was able to got a taxi after 30 minutes but I was asked to pay PhP350 (US$8) due to traffic (GRRRRR!). I arrived at the airport on time but my flight was delayed for an hour due to Cebu Pacific's maintenance thing. Oh well, I was already expecting that since it's a budget airline.
We were picked up by a bus at Gate 2 and we went to the boarding area. The domestic airplane of Cebu Pacific is really small. You can see the plane's propellers.
It's a tradition for me to take a selfie at the lavatory  LOL! Kidding aside I just want to pee before the flight so I can sleep.
The plane was not full and I had no seatmates! Wooohooo! I actually slept the whole time and when I woke up I was in Laoag airport already. If I traveled by land, it would take me 12 hours! I really hate long travel time.

The Laoag airport is small but it's very clean. As soon as I arrived I went to the Information Desk. The staff told me that there is a free bus ride going to downtown Laoag! I was like so happy. She told me that this free transportation was a government project of Imee Marcos. I love you Imee!
I checked in at Laoag Renzo Hotel. I actually booked it via Agoda and I got a good deal. The room was nice and cozy.

JRNunez

Comments

  1. Great information! For everyone who need to know about price of Airport taxi Manila contact number, please contact with GoAsiaDayTrip - the most trusted airport transfer and day tour company in Southeast Asia.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE