Travel Diary: Tinuy-An Falls at Bislig, Surigao del Sur

Tinuy-an Falls is a waterfall in Bislig City, Surigao del Sur in the southern island of Mindanao, Philippines. It is dubbed as the Niagara Falls of the Philippines. Tinuy-an is a white water curtain that flows in three levels and is said to be the widest waterfall in the Philippines.

During my trip, I stayed at Marky's Hostel  and the kind owner recommended their in-house habal-habal driver. His name is Ruel Guzman and you can contact him here. He took care of my belongings while I was enjoying the view. He is kind and he served as my driver, bodyguard and photographer. He is all-in-one LOL!

Tinuy-an Falls is the first location I visited early in the morning because I wanted to see the rainbow. Unfortunately I did not see it. I reached the area after a very scary habal-habal (motorcycle) ride but I really enjoyed it! It's like riding a roller coaster. It took us 45-60 minutes from Hinatuan to reach the falls. The area is very clean and well-maintained. The falls looks very grand. The entrance fee is PhP30 and there are additional fees if you are going to ride a raft.

Tinuy-An Falls at Bislig, Surigao del Sur
Tinuy-An Falls at Bislig, Surigao del Sur
Tinuy-An Falls at Bislig, Surigao del Sur

I love this falls! I will be back.

JRNunez

Comments