First Shots: Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 45mm f/1.8 Lens (Micro Four Thirds)

 
Finally! I have my own Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 45mm f/1.8 lens! I've been eying on this lens since I started using micro four thirds last year. I really waited for a while and got a good deal from an online seller. I first learned about this lens from Robin Wong and it received stellar reviews. I am new convert of this lens. This thing is really sharp wide open! I will primary use it as a portrait lens although it can be used for landscapes as well. This lens has a field of view of 90mm (45mm x 2 crop factor).

PROS:
  • Sharp at f1.8 wide open!
  • Nice creamy bokeh (beautiful shallow depth of field!)
  • Quick and silent focus mechanism
  • No flare

CONS: None at all!

Here are some of my sample images.
Olympus 45mm f1.8 test sample shots
Olympus 45mm f1.8 test sample shots
Olympus 45mm f1.8 test sample shots

JRNuƱez

Comments