Travel Diary: Batanes Arrival and Check-in at Marfel Lodge

I was very happy because I was able to book this Batanes trip via Philippines Airlines (PAL) for only PhP1,500 (US$33+)! I booked it last Travel Expo in SM Mall of Asia. The regular Batanes roundtrip airfare is actually PhP15,000+ (US$340+). I really saved a lot!

The only thing that annoyed me in this trip is that PAL moved my departure from Saturday to Sunday. I learned about it when I tried to book my hotel. The owner of the hotel, Ate Fe, told me that PAL does not have Saturday flights going to Batanes. I called the PAL line to confirm and they told me that they have removed all the Saturday trips to Batanes. The representative was apologetic and she tried to calm me. Anyway, since I was very excited I just shook it off even if my vacation days will be lessened by one day! I don't want to be stressed so I just ignored it.

Welcome to Batanes! One of my dream trips has finally materialized!
A lot of people are doing are doing selfies so I joined them. We are actually not allowed to do this but the airport staff are very kind!

The weather was very nice when I arrived! No signs of rain or storm!

This was our plane. It's so tiny. I think it can only accommodate less than a hundred people.

Meet my new found friends: Tita Elsa and Tiya Dora (The Explorer!). We met on the plane and they were initially planning to check-in at Amboy Hotel. I convinced them to go with us at Marfel Lodge because it is cheaper and we can go on tour together.

Japanese tourists taking photos at the airport. I actually skipped this because I want the real thing.

A staff from Marfel Lodge picked us up in the airport. We rode on this van. The funny thing is that Marfel Lodge is only 5 minutes away from the airport. We can actually just walk to reach it!

I checked-in at Marfel Lodge Extension. I also looked into the main house and it has a second floor. So if you have someone who cannot climb the stairs be sure to request for a room at the Extension. Ate Fe is the owner of the house and she is very kind!

This is my bed. I got the Air-conditioned room since it's hot and sunny. I got it for PhP1,000 (US$20) per day. Fan rooms are also available for PhP400. Towels and soaps are provided!


This is the kitchen area. You can cook food here. They have complete kitchen utensils. The mineral water is free. There is also a mini honesty store where you can buy some snacks and drinks. Marfel Lodge has a common bathroom/toilet area for the residents. There is a separate bathroom and toilet for male and female residents. 

This is the terrace/veranda in Marfel Lodge. The place is very clean and cozy. The maintenance team always clean the house every morning.
Marfel Lodge Batanes
This is the common place for the residents. You can watch TV or just relax here. I really like the home-y feeling of Marfel Lodge. I highly recommend it!


MARFEL LODGE

For Reservations:
0908-893-1475
0920-976-4966
0917-857-4493
0917-883-3549

Thanks,
JRNunez

Comments