Miss World 2013 Megan Young's Homecoming Parade in Ayala Avenue Makati (Part 1)

Last October 11, 2013 (Saturday), Megan Young, the newly crowned Miss World 2013, had a victory homecoming parade along Ayala Avenue. I was so excited to take photos of this event because it is my first time to see Megan in person. I still remember her during her reality TV days in StarStruck.

The weather that time was bad. It was raining non-stop because there was a typhoon but it did not stop me from going. I arrived on Ayala Avenue about 1:45 PM. I needed to be early so that I could find a good place to take pictures. I saw a lot of people already waiting patiently outside their buildings.

The parade kicked-off at around 2PM at the Petron station in Buendia corner Makati Avenue then it passed through Ayala Avenue. The rain continued to pour during the event but we did not mind it. We were very happy to see Megan. We are proud of her! People were shouting her name! I really felt proud that she won the crown.

Megan was on a big float decorated with flowers. She was accompanied by Julia Morley (Chairman of the Miss World Organisation) and Cory Quirino (Director of Miss World-Philippines)

Here are the photos I took during the event. I used my trusted Sony Alpha A77 (Weathersealed!) and Tamron 70-300mm lens.

Enjoy the JR Nunez photo coverage!





Here is the Part II!


Thanks,
JR

Comments