Practicing Street Photography at Glorietta

I am starting to like street photography. I've been surfing the internet about it and I feel very inspired. Street photography is amazing because it is spontaneous.

Here are the things I learned about this shoot:

First, small camera is a must. Big and bulky DSLRs will actually scare people. Security guards will also see you if you have a big camera.You have to be discreet when shooting so you can capture the normal behavior of your subjects. (I am thinking of buying the Fujifilm X100 in the future!)

Second, you should use optical viewfinder/EVF. I now realized the importance of the viewfinder. It is really helpful in street photography. I was a fan of using the camera's LCD before but I found out that it's really easy to use the viewfinder on the streets. The camera will be closer to your body if your taking a shot and it will be discreet. I now understand why pro-photographers use the viewfinder.

I used a very old camera (Canon a630) to shoot the photos below.  I edited the photos and added some grain for that film effect. By the way, I am big fan of film effects.


Street photography is all about telling a story, emotion or vision. It was a gloomy afternoon in Makati and I decided to make it dark and mysterious.


Comments