Lookbook Session with Bibo Bayona

Beautiful places inspire me to take photos. Adding human elements to these beautiful places also adds emotions and this is the main reason why I love portrait photography. Well, I actually love and hate it at the same time. I love it because I like the feeling of capturing the model's emotions. On the other hand, I hate it because it's really hard to do! Sometimes it is very frustrating when your subject does not know how pose. Based on my experience, professional models are very easy to photograph not because they look good but they happen to be great actors too. They can fake emotions. For regular/normal people (like Bibo), it's not so much (I am just being real! haha). So how do you capture emotions in a picture? Well, first you have to find the moment.

Enough of the rant. Bibo requested me to photoshoot him for his Lookbook account and here are the photos. You will notice that I love the washed-out and hazy look on my photos. This post processing style is very popular in fashion editorials.

These buildings in BGC are great background for portrait photography

Bibo sporting his Zara suit. Yes, he wanted to emphasize that it's from Zara and it is expensive (LOL). I think you can also find this style in more budget-friendly brands like Bench and Penshoppe. By the way, I am big fan of David Guison and these photos were inspired by him.


Bibo recently won Pinoy Guy Guide's style contest. He won some Birkenstock GCs so we decided to celebrate by having a quick shoot. I requested a camouflage designed shirt because they are so trendy these days. You can see it being featured in magazines and worn by celebrities. We found a good one in Fashion 21!

I just recently learned that German-made Birkenstock sandals are so damn expensive. Imagine a pair of sandals that costs around US$100! So expensive but I believe it's a very high quality product.

Birkenstock sandals
Bibo Bayona wearing camouflage shirt
Bibo Bayona wearing camouflage shirt
Bibo Bayona wearing camouflage shirt
Bibo Bayona wearing camouflage shirt
Bibo Bayona wearing camouflage shirt

I enjoyed this laid back photo-shoot. I hope I can have more shutter therapy sessions.

Thanks,
JR

Comments